The Dordogne region has been popular with visitors for many years, but did you know...
- The Dordogne is the third largest region of France at 9060km2.
- There are 33 Parks and Gardens within the Dordogne.
- There are 8 Accredited Golf courses.
- No less than 30 festivals per year, WOW!
- There are at least 2,000 figures within the Lascaux Caves.
- Each year more than 3,000,000 tourists visit the Dordogne.
- There are an incredible 6,000 tourist accommodations and 1,338 restaurants throughout the region… 9 of these restaurants have Michelin stars.
- The Dordogne is known as the Valley of a Thousand Chateaux... sadly in actual fact there are only 615.
- The Dordogne offers over 156 kilometres of cycling paths, as well as numerous mountain biking tracks in the forests… Forests which make up 45% of the region.
- There are 5 departments of Aquitaine; Pyrénées-Atlantiques, Landes, Gironde, Dordogne, and Lot et Garonne.
"Each year, more than 3,000,000 tourists visit the Dordogne.."